Churches are an important part of the atmosphere and cultural life of Nessebar. You can take a stroll around the ruins of the 4th-century “Saint Sofia" and visit churches built in the period between 6th - and 11th centuries:
- „Holy Mother of God Eleusa“ - the remains of the church have been restored and preserved;
- „Saint Stephan“, also known as the ‘New Metropolitan’; it was the first temple showing the typical Nessebar style of decorating churches;
- „St. John Aliturgetos “ – it is located at the harbor and is considered the most beautiful church in Nessebar;
- „Saint Theodor“ - particularly interesting are the preserved and restored decorative elements;
- „Holy Mother of God ("The Assumption of the Virgin") - is still operating.